--
So the adventures of April were a bit more on the domestic side. There's nothing wrong with that, but April was definitely a month where I had enough going on that the semi-regular events of my life had to suffice.
- I went to the eye doctor; it turns out that my eyes have gotten worse again (and in response to my question about it the doctor said that there's no way to pull apart it getting worse due to using a computer at work from it getting worse due to me being nearly thirty with a family history of poor eyesight). Buying new glasses tanked my budget for the month, though, so I should plan better for that in the future (I wasn't out of money but if things had been even tighter I would have been in trouble). Going to the eye doctor took up most of my Fridays, which are usually the days I've been adventuring.
- I was one of the members of my local church's nominating committee. We had several evening meetings, all of which I attended. It was really fascinating because I've never been on nominating committee before, and also have never seen it work in such a large church.
- I attended the baby shower of some friends who live in Frederick, Maryland. It was my first time in Frederick--parts of it felt very Indiana-ish. The GPS took me to the wrong spot, and then past the correct spot after I re-entered the address, so that was a tiny adventure.
My brother, sis and I have an app that encourages productivity. One of the checks is "do something creative" but in tiny font underneath I have hidden "can replace with practical project occasionally." The last three days I have practicalled instead of creatived. I think it's okay; my RV had to be semi-ready to drive most of the way across the country, and I'll still have to stop and do an oil change when I get there probably.
ReplyDeleteIt's alright, is what I'm saying.
Yes, sometimes one must do the practical things, I agree. So it's more a matter of expanding the idea of what an adventure *is*, I suppose.
DeleteIn some ways, all of life is an adventure.
(But it's good to know that it's alright.)