3/4/16
-----
Sometimes when you've reached the bottom, all you can do is look up through the blue. You can wonder at this new perspective, how your view has changed, how you have changed since settling here on the sand. You can think of the work it will take to get back up to where there's air. You can be just a little afraid, a little wary, that you might run out of the air you have.
But you are there and you have to have all synapses firing and focus given to the tasks at hand amid the wonder and the shifting and the work and the fear.
And then you (albeit slowly) rise.
___
That's really beautiful. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteDoes this mean your car died again? Please say no.
ReplyDelete@Janelle: Thanks. I will never forget standing/floating at -100feet and looking up.
ReplyDelete@Robby: Uh. Not yet, anyway. I just got it back this past Friday from the mechanic's where it had been for two months, though. My car and I do not yet have a trusting relationship due to these breakdowns. I hope to have one day, but today is not that day.