anyway, things of note from the year:
- had two days off due to snow this past January; it was notable because I shoveled a lot and got homework done
- graduated this past April from the University of Michigan with my Master of Science in Information
- got hired for a job I really enjoy
- helped my mom out after her second knee surgery
- moved to a new state
- in the process of moving, got rear-ended on the highway and the vehicle issues have not ceased since July 31 (this is frustrating but still an item of note)
- went to the National Zoo
- went to Old Town Alexandria and walked like five miles looking at things with a friend from grad school
- found a church that is really welcoming and getting me involved (doesn't seem like there's too many single guys there, though, but that's not why I go to church)
- got a library card
edit: and apparently this is my 300th post! yay!
Happy 300th post, and happy new year!
ReplyDeleteI hope I'm right in believing the majority of these things are good, and I hope I'm right in believing that this new year will be even better than the last. <3
Yes, the majority of these things are good. Actually, despite the stress of new job plus moving, the biggest negative is all the car issues.
DeleteI didn't know how the car crud got started. My of note list for 2016 includes the dog over there trying to keep his tongue from sticking to the inside of his cheeks because he's got a serious case of cottonmouth from the allergies and such. He's licking his thighs and scratching his armpits, too. He's in a miserable shape. I guess . . . I should vacuum the house again and throw his bed in the wash again and maybe wash him again? I gave him some steroids. Let's hope that's enough.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I got rear-ended on my first full day in Maryland, and my truck got totaled. Got a new car that seemed to be the right thing to go with at the time, but I've replaced the battery (it was old enough and had died), all three catalytic converters (wiping out any financial buffer I had), and now it's acting up again like it did before the catalytic converters went (except it was making a metallic pock noise and that can't be good) and I can't afford to replace them again as well as fix what the likely real problem is, at least one of the ignition coils/spark plugs. So I'm probably gonna be riding the bus to work. Good thing I live around the corner from a Safeway, cause I guess I'll be walking to the store. Not so sure how I'm gonna get to the library. I think the bus goes there too.
DeleteAnyway, poor Watson. What is he allergic to? (I didn't know dogs got allergies.)
I'm glad your year was good enough to be worthy of writing about. Here's to being very slightly less than thirty!
ReplyDeleteOh boy. I've got a year and eight months til I'm thirty. Sheesh.
DeleteBut yay!