Sunday, May 25, 2014

Escalators

5/25/14 (though it's just now the 25th, but I haven't gone to bed yet)

I had a dream where I was in a building with moving staircases. Like escalators, but they looked like actual staircases and curved and did all sorts of things--including vary the speeds. Sometimes they were ridiculously fast, sometimes regular speed. None were regular stairs. Some went up, some down, but the right combination got me out of the building.

Thing is, I thought I had figured out the combination and had reached a point with a door, but then someone comes up to me and tells me, "That's not the way out" and I believed them and followed them around on these escalators. At some point I lost my shoes and then found them again. Then I ended up making paper animals with some kids and making the animals float down a river.

I'm sure the dream means nothing except my brain trying to figure stuff out. As it does.

Weird thing is, I've dreamed about that building before. It doesn't exist. But it's the first time the building's had rapidly moving escalators, one going fast enough that I whacked my shin into it. (It was a very vivid dream.)

2 comments:

  1. Were you, perhaps, at Hogwarts?

    Anyway, that sounds like an interesting dream, and I am hoping you get it all sorted happily. (Of course you will.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it was Hogwarts, I'm decently sure I would have recognized Hogwarts.

    I've had dreams about this building before, but in that one, the stairs were replaced by fast-moving escalators. *shrugs* Oh well.

    Yeah, apparently my brain is sorting a lot these days.

    ReplyDelete