2-1-13
____________________________
Was her cover unattractive? Her title not eye-catching enough?
Had she not passed the somehow strenuous first page flip-throughs? Was she boring?
The others assured her that she was perfectly fine, that her cover was fine, and that she was, despite the heft of the tome she was, not boring. (But she wondered to herself how it would be to be described as 'interesting' and not as 'not boring.' There were adjectives and there were adjectives, all books knew.)
But yet she'd gone from New Releases to plain old Fiction without having a potential reader pick her up. Not even a cursory glance.
It was all very disheartening. But she wasn't going to give up.
____________________
This is a good analogy, and also, I'm sorry.
ReplyDeleteIt came to me as I was falling asleep. It's imperfect, seeing as I don't think women are to bought and sold, but it's understandable. It could be a library, but for some reason I was thinking bookstore.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Janelle, an very interesting analogy! Sometimes those things we think just before we go to bed are the best thoughts of the day, eh?
ReplyDelete