Thursday, July 5, 2012

Summer Camp

7-5-12

Fiction-y.
_________________

"Oh, you're the [insert_his_name_here]."

Great first line. Really, now, he's joining the staff after two and a half weeks and you didn't know who he was but it turned out that you did and that's what you said? Really?

But he remembered your name. And your major. And sang songs at you and with you on the way to play practice. And stuck with going to Wal-Mart with you even if there were possibly more attractive options.

What to make of it? You don't know. Of course you don't. But stop kicking yourself over silly things like weird phrases and slightly awkward silences. Sometimes he's the one who filled them in. So maybe you're not sure and maybe it'll go nowhere. But no regrets, right?

So see where it goes. Might be something fun. Might be something worth it. God knows, so leave it up to Him. Well, that, and interact with him whenever you get a chance. After all, he's a counselor and you're general staff. So make the best of it.
_____________________________

3 comments:

  1. I've always found awkward silences to be the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't like awkward silences, and it's odd that I haven't known how to fill them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I think awkward silences are a good thing. Maybe.

    Anyway, I hope things go well with you.

    ReplyDelete